barbaraj

Hello Barbara, it's March!

Happy March everyone!  Looking forward to a great month at WLS. Always ready for some new challenges. And I wish there were some designer challenges in that thread. What about you? Come chat with me.

Yesterday was in the high 60's and I went for a walk on the beach. I had to take my coat off! And yes, the waves are still there along with the seagulls. 

Edited by barbaraj

Happy March Barbara!!!

can’t wait to see what this month will bring, where your creativity will take you.

it’s freezing cold outside but.... Spring is oh so close!

Hugs 🤗 Chantal 

Hello Barbara - we have been windy, raining off and on and cold here in the desert!! Today we are supposed to be a high of '71' which is almost 20 degrees hotter than it has been. Challenges will be posted soon and keeping fingers crossed that we will have some designer challenges as well.

Hi, everyone!  Normally it is warm here; even in the winter!  But lately it has been biting cold!  Very deceptive, because some days it is sunny & clear --- but freezing!  We don't get much rain, but the other day we got a quick storm.  It started raining just as I was leaving the house, & by the time I got on the freeway it was hailing; another rare occurrence.  I was not used to that at all.
Spring should be coming soon, though & then it will start to get hot!
Didn't have any time to create any layouts for the challenges -- hope I have some time this month...

What is the weather normally like there for you? How hot does it get? Would love to see what you come up with.

Over at my friends house who is just 10 miles south of us, they got hail & snow last week, while we were getting wind and rain. It is so weird here sometimes. Hopefully it will start to warm up soon but then again. I like the weather in the 70s and not so much when it's in the 100s. 

I am in Orlando, Florida and it has been beautiful here, in the 7os the last few days, it was nice after a warm than average the week before. It doesn't rain much this time of year either, this is the perfect time of year!! It doesn't seem to last long enough though, it will be blistering hot too soon. 

I hope everyone had a good weekend, didn't do to much around here, we spent some time with visiting family. Now I have to catch up on housework and other things.

We're having coastal storms and flooding at the beach this week. I'm glad we don't live in our condo out there. I heard we lost all the sand dunes and fences in front of us and there's another storm coming tomorrow. I think our weather in March has been worse than February. Looking forward to Spring in June. lol

Ding dong the witch is dead. Oh, my crazy mood hit me. I was upset about the 4th March storm coming in.

Edited by barbaraj

How's everyone doing? Our 4th March storm is hitting tonight and I have to drive to get my taxes done tomorrow. Anyone have a dog-sled team I could borrow?

Edited by barbaraj

How did it go for your taxes? I wish this month would be over soon. I got so not happy news about my health. Thought everything was going good - lost 46lbs and counting, was taken off three medications, able to move more - now I have diabetes, just found out today. Next week, I go in for more testing and blood work and start a series of training to learn how to eat differently and how my life is going to change. So now it's just another lesson to learn and grow from.

Sorry to hear that Meg. You never know what life is going to throw at you. You go along and one day everything changes. I almost called an ambulance the other day I had such bad stomach pains, I think it was some bad nuts I ate. Fortunately it finally went away. 

The storm we were expecting wasn't as bad as they predicted so I made it to the tax man. I'm glad that's over for the year.

I am glad to hear that you were able to make it to get your taxes down. We still need to do that. Cutting it close! I am sorry to hear about the stomach pains, that sucks. 

I have found that with the diagnosis I have a new sense of 'Can do it' attitude. Just waiting to get off bedrest completely so I can feel normal, find out tomorrow everything.

I have a friend who went through this for her husband. She learned all kinds of things about what to eat. Since she's a good cook she had to change a few of her recipes but they seem to be doing fine. It's just a matter of forming new habits. Which take some time so don't give up. 

Hello April! I tried to take part in the challenges but couldn't get the store to work. 

Can someone let me know in this thread when it's working again?

See you then!