{KISS} kelseyll

Did you know?

16 posts in this topic

What random facts or pieces of trivia do you know that we might not?  Share them here!  Answer the post above yours with YES or NO and any details you want to add, then create a 'Did you know' of your own.

Did you know I'm anxiously waiting for April 1st and the new challenges! Hope it's not an April Fool Joke! xD

Did you know I just found a little chest of drawers full of pressed flowers that I did about 15 years ago? There are hundreds of them and I don't know what to do with them! Do you know?

No, I have no clue what to do with them...take a photo and scrap a layout?

Did you know giraffes spots and patterns are like fingerprints! No two giraffes are the same. Did you know that I am anxiously awaiting April the Giraffe's baby to born?

He he, Barbara, I have an idea for your flowers.

Take your time to scan them if you have scanner - or put them on white background and take photos... then send those by e-mail to our designers and help them design new kits

Did you know that during these months without WLS I actually got better in making layouts? So much better that (on Gingerscraps) I got nominated for best layout of the week, now for the third time!!! I can't wait to do our challenges!

I did know that. I was just reading about that. How exciting!!

Totally scrap a layout of them but my step-mom used to laminate her pressed flowers into bookmarks. I have also seen them used in candles or potpourri. But how about this..

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/pressing-flowers/

On 3/22/2017 at 8:18 AM, barbaraj said:

Did you know I'm anxiously waiting for April 1st and the new challenges! Hope it's not an April Fool Joke! xD

I can't wait for everyone to see the new challenges. It is so easy to do and I promise no April Fool's Joke!!

That is awesome Andrea! Can't wait to see your layouts here. 

Did you know that I am a published poet? Have been since I was 12 years old and now hubby and I are working on a couple of book ideas. He is an amazing writer.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that link about pressed flowers Meg! 

Looking forward to the challenges.

I knew you were a published poet. I think it must be really exciting to have your works in a book! Yea for you!

Did you know that I have all my challenges done for this month and am organizing my photos? (This may take a year! :P )

Edited by barbaraj

On 26/3/2017 at 0:34 PM, barbaraj said:

Did you know that I have all my challenges done for this month and am organizing my photos? (This may take a year! :P )

it's amazing! I should organize my photos, too but I have not so much time...

Did you know that Stephen King's "It" is absolutely my favourite book and I can't stop reading it (I read it 2/3 times per year!)?

Have you seen the old movie and ready for the new version?

Did you know that I love unicorns? Growing up i had this book called - Unicorns I Have Known - and today that book is worth $90, my mom sold it at a yard sale for probably a quarter but never asked me if i wanted to sell it. Now I am saving up to get it back. 

My mom did that with a few of my records!  Hope you find your book!  So, no, I didn't know you love unicorns... =)

Did you know that I have exactly ONE week to complete the yearbook for my daughter's elementary school and ALL life has practically stopped for me until I finish this task!!???!!  I have a lot to do and was taking a short mental break here...lol!

Since 2 months have passed hope you got that yearbook finished!

Did you know I donated an elegant umbrella to Good Will and now I want it back?

been there done that Barbara lol

Did you know my son starts high school next week? GAH! I'm pretty sure he's still like 3, right??

Barbara - YES...thank goodness...got that thing done!!!

Fran - Oh wow...!!  I feel it too as my daughter is starting Jr. High in September!!!  How is that even possible!!!???!!

Did you know I am continuing to create the yearbook for the elementary school even though my daughter is done there?  Yup...glutton for punishment I guess...LOL!  Actually, I am keeping my foot in the door in case we DON'T get to move anytime soon and my son attends there.  He is only 18 months right now, but I'll want to make his yearbooks fun and amazing too. (You just would have to see my daughter's Kindergarten yearbook to understand...it was BAAAADDD!!!!!)

Sounds like a good plan Kelsey!

Did you know it's the last day of the month! I wonder what's in store for August? :D

Did you know that  August has almost gone. What's in store for September? Any surprises? 

I cannot believe it is September already!!  Where did the summer go??!  

Did you know that now instead of buying replacement bulbs we may be buying replacement light fixtures??  (What's next?)  We just had a light above our kitchen sink go out.  I really didn't see ANY styles of lights that I really liked so I just picked something simple which happened to be an LED light.  I figured it took some LED bulb...NOPE!  There is no single large bulb socket.  When my husband opened it up it just had several small LED lights that illuminate the area like one single bulb.  The light still has the white sphere plastic cover so it looks the same as anything else in our house.  It is supposed to last 40+ years according to the box....I guess we'll see!!!  LOL!